About This Ministry
The Sunday School is a place where all God’s children, (adults, teenagers, youth and children) can go learn and discuss the teachings of Christ.
Scripture lessons are provided in advance so all can read the Word and come prepared to ask questions and discuss the Word.
- Class 1: Adult Men
- Class 2: Adult Women
- Class 3: Collegiate, Ages: 19-35
- Class 4: High School, Grades 9-12
- Class 5: Intermediate, Grades 6-8
- Class 6: Primary, Grades 4-5
- Class 7: Beginners, Grades 1-3
- Class 8: Pre-Kindergarten – Kindergarten
Create a learning environment that will empower teachers to effectively teach and students to better understand the Word of God. To provide sound doctrinal and Bible-based instruction to all age groups of our church from the toddlers to the eldest of the adults.
“Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth”, . . . Because “All scriptures is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works”. – 2 Timothy 2:15; 3:16-17
Special Events & Activities
- Sunday School Kickoff & Open House
- Quarterly Family Night /Ice Cream Social 1st Tuesday: March, June, September and December
- Bay Area Sunday School & Church Workers Conference (aka BASS)
- New Sunday School Teacher Orientation
- VBS Kickoff Meeting
- Christian Education Workshop – All Current & Aspiring SMBC Christian Education Workers and Ministry Leaders
- Vacation Bible School @ St. Matthews
Get Involved With Us
The St. Matthews Sunday School Ministry would like to extend an invitation to all members, guests and friends to join us for Sunday School every Sunday morning at 9:30 am for an hour of learning and discussing God’s Word.
Sunday School is an enhancement to Bible Study, the teaching of God’s Word, and preparation for Sunday Morning services – the preaching of God’s Word.
We pray that your heart will lead you to come and study with us, and get deeper into the Word of God.